Nutritional Information (Per serving - makes 6 servings)
71 calories - 3.1 g. fat - 3.5 g. protein - 2.3 g. fiber
- 1-1/2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 c. fresh breadcrumbs (approx. 1 slice)
- 3/4 lb. Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (or two bags of frozen "Steam in Bag" Brussels sprouts)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1-1/2 tbsp. finely-chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 oz. shaved Asiago cheese
1. Heat 1 tsp. oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, cook 1 minute or until just golden, stirring constantly.
2. Add breadcrumbs and cook 1 minute more until lightly browned, stirring constantly. Transfer garlic and breadcrumbs to a bowl, set aside.
3. Separate leaves from Brussels sprouts and quarter cores. Heat remaining 1/2 tsp. olive oil over medium heat. Add leaves and cores to pan, cook 8 minutes or until leaves wilt and cores are crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Alternately, if using the "cheat" method with frozen vegetables, microwave those in the bag and then add to hot oil, sauteeing for approximately 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Remove from heat. Toss with breadcrumb mixture, salt, and pepper. Top with walnuts and cheese and serve warm.