ROASTED EGGPLANT SPREAD
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded
- 1 red onion, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp. good-quality olive oil
- 1-1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut eggplant, bell pepper, and onion into 1-inch cubes. Toss them in a large bowl with garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
3. Spread on a baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes, until the vegetables are lightly browned and soft. Toss once during cooking and cool slightly.
4. Place vegetables in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add tomato paste and pulse 3-4 times to blend. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.