I found this recipe on Pinterest, which originally came from Taste of Home. It combines some of my favorite fall flavors with chocolate, so what is not to love?!
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD
Be sure to watch your oven - the recipe calls for 60-70 minutes of baking time, but my convection oven was done in 50 minutes.
- 3 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 4 large eggs
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 c. canned Pumpkin (approx. one can)
- 1-1/2 c. canola oil
- 1-1/2 c. chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
1. Beat the eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and oil until well-combined. I recommend using a stand-up mixer, because the oil can be difficult to incorporate.
2. Add flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
3. Fold in chocolate chips with a spatula until fully incorporated.
4. Pour into two greased loaf pans.
5. Bake at 350 degrees until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean and loaves are cooked through. The recipe suggests 60-70 minutes, but mine were done in 50.