Thursday, July 21, 2011
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
CORN, AVOCADO, & CILANTRO SALAD
I think it's worth it to use the "pre-cleaned" ears of corn instead of shucking the ears yourself. That way, you don't have to waste time with all of the stringy bits. Costco has had some great, sweet summer corn already cleaned back in the refrigerated produce section. If you are interested in corn this summer for a bbq or crawfish boil, the Costco 8-pack is great.
Grill the corn while you are grilling your chicken, beef, or pork, and you can put this salad together while your meat rests.
- 4 ears of corn, shucked and grilled
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks or slices
- 1/2 c. fresh cilantro
- Lime juice (approximately 1-2 small limes)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Grill shucked corn for approximately 15 minutes or until lightly charred.
2. Let cool slightly and cut kernels off of the cob.
3. Toss with avocado, cilantro, lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Be careful not to overmix and ruin your avocado.