MARY'S (LIGHTENED) SPINACH CASSEROLE
My aunt Mary has been making this creamed spinach casserole for decades. I tried to lighten it up with half the original prescribed butter (originally it was 1 full stick) and light sour cream. Serve this casserole with grilled steak and potatoes.
- Two 10-oz. packages frozen chopped spinach, cooked and drained
- 1/2 stick (4 tbsp.) butter
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1 large can artichoke hearts
- 1 pint light sour cream
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper
1. Saute onion in butter.
2. Combine onion with remaining ingredients.
3. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese on top.
4. Bake 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve hot.