This Southern Living recipe made for a great, crunchy side. And my kids could help cook because they were able to dunk the zucchini in panko!
BAKED ZUCCHINI CHIPS
I had a good amount of panko/basil/cheese mixture left over after coating the zucchini. This recipe generally uses one large zucchini.
- 1/2 c. panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1/4 c. loosely-packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 c. shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 lb. zucchini, sliced thinly into rounds
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Process panko, basil, salt, and cheese in a food processor for 10-15 seconds or until finely-ground.
3. Pour panko mixture into a medium bowl.
4. Toss zucchini rounds in olive oil.
5. Dredge zucchini pieces, one at a time, in panko mixture, pressing gently to adhere.
6. Place rounds in a single layer on a foil-lined jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray.
7. Bake 30 minutes or until browned and crispy. Serve hot.