I have slightly adapted this recipe, which I found in InStyle Magazine, as noted below. Credit for original recipe goes to New Yorker Frank Castronovo of Frankie's Spuntino and Frankie's 457 fame.
I modified this from the original recipe by cutting the olive oil in half and swapping red onions for white onions. I put my tomatoes on small, individual beds of arugula tossed with a little Wishbone balsamic vinaigrette.
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. pitted Castelvetrano olives, chopped
- 2 tbsp. brined capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1/4 c. finely-chopped red onion
- 1/4 c. loosely-packed small basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 c. loosely-packed flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- Sea salt
- Heirloom tomatoes, sliced thick
1. Combine all ingredients through crushed red pepper in a bowl.
2. Season to taste with sea salt and toss.
3. Arrange tomato slices on a platter and season with salt and black pepper. Spoon olive topping over tomatoes and serve.