- 53-oz. can of pork and beans in tomato sauce, such as Van Kamp's
- 1/2 white onion, minced
- 1/2 green or red bell pepper, minced
- 6 tbsp. ketchup
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. mustard
- 6 slices bacon, preferably center-cut
1. Drain beans and set aside.
2. Saute onion and bell pepper in a skillet until translucent. Add beans.
3. Mix ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar. Stir into beans.
4. Pour beans into 2-qt. casserole dish coated with cooking spray. Top with bacon.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until bacon is browned and crisp.