My husband loved this chili. I was able to put it in the crock pot before work and came home to the whole house smelling wonderfully and dinner (basically) finished. Original recipe credit to Cooking With Melissa.
TEXAS CROCK POT CHILI
Original recipe post available here.
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 small roma tomato, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 30-oz can tomato sauce
- 1/4 c. chili powder (I used more like 2 tbsp.)
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. salt & pepper
- 1/2 cube beef bouillon
- 1 c. water
- 4 oz. can chopped green chiles
- 16 oz. can pinto beans, drained
- 16 oz. can chili beans in sauce (undrained)
- 1-2 tbsp. cayenne pepper
1. In a large skiller, heat ground beef and onion until cooked through.
2. Drain mixture and set aside.
3. In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients including ground beef and onion.
4. Stir and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
5. Serve with sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, diced avocado, or anything else you like on your chili.
Note: this is a great recipe to use a Reynolds slow cooker liner for easy cleanup. They are available with the food storage items in your local grocery store.