- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 c. sifted flour
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 c. milk (whole or skim)
- 1/2 c. margarine (one stick), melted
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
Resurrecting the Great American Family Dinner for Generation Y and its new generation of cooks!
This is a great use for precooked rice.
Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 4)
306 calories - 7.6 g. fat - 44.4 g. carbohydrates - 18.1 g. protein - 4.3 g. fiber
1. Heat rice according to package instructions.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook ~3 minutes or until done. Stir to crumble.
3. Stir in water and taco seasoning and bring to a simmer.
4. Stir in corn and beans. Cook one minute or until heated. Stir in rice.
5. Top with pico de gallo and jalapeno, then sprinkle with cilantro.
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
2. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
3. Place chicken breasts on a rack of a broiler pan or roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 475 degrees for 15 minutes, remove pan from oven.
4. Combine mustard and red pepper and brush the mixture over the chicken.
5. Pulse bread in a Cuisinart until crumbs form (approx. 1 cup).
6. Sprinkle breadcrumbs evenly over chicken and mustard mixture. Press lightly to adhere and lightly spray with cooking spray to prevent breadcrumbs from burning.
7. Return pan to oven and bake for 10 minutes more (or until breadcrumbs are browned).