- Four 8-oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. prepared, dijon, or honey mustard
- 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper
- Two 1-oz. slices of French bread baguette (I used white sandwich bread)
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
2. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
3. Place chicken breasts on a rack of a broiler pan or roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 475 degrees for 15 minutes, remove pan from oven.
4. Combine mustard and red pepper and brush the mixture over the chicken.
5. Pulse bread in a Cuisinart until crumbs form (approx. 1 cup).
6. Sprinkle breadcrumbs evenly over chicken and mustard mixture. Press lightly to adhere and lightly spray with cooking spray to prevent breadcrumbs from burning.
7. Return pan to oven and bake for 10 minutes more (or until breadcrumbs are browned).