TEX-MEX RICE BOWL
This is a great use for precooked rice.
Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 4)
306 calories - 7.6 g. fat - 44.4 g. carbohydrates - 18.1 g. protein - 4.3 g. fiber
- One 8.8 oz. bag precooked brown rice (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 8 oz. ground sirloin
- 1/4 c. water
- 1-1/2 tbsp. taco seasoning (such as Ortega)
- 1/2 c. frozen or canned whole-kernel corn
- 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 c. fresh pico de gallo
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 4 tsp. chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat rice according to package instructions.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook ~3 minutes or until done. Stir to crumble.
3. Stir in water and taco seasoning and bring to a simmer.
4. Stir in corn and beans. Cook one minute or until heated. Stir in rice.
5. Top with pico de gallo and jalapeno, then sprinkle with cilantro.