My mom made us these pancakes growing up, and now I make them for my two boys (and Corey too!). They are easy, can be generally made any time with items always kept in your fridge and pantry, and make a ton of pancakes....batter can be stored in the refrigerator for several days (covered). Enjoy with butter light syrup!
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 c. sifted flour
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 c. milk (whole or skim)
- 1/2 c. margarine (one stick), melted
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
1. Combine egg yolks, flour, sugar, salt, and milk.
2. Stir in margarine.
3. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into batter, then add baking powder.
4. Heat a griddle or cast-iron skillet over medium heat, coating with cooking spray.
5. Cook pancakes on both sides until done. Serve with syrup.