These were on a long-forgotten recipe card from a college friend. I was baking for a friend who just had a baby and came across this recipe....seemed like a nice one to try for my gift. BOY, were these good! The amount of butter in these brownies is simply appalling, but they taste so good it's pretty much worth it.
BEST GOOEY BROWNIES
From the kitchen of Elizabeth Grenfell Quasha.
- 12-oz. package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 lb. (two sticks) butter plus 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (I used fat free)
- 1 lb. box brown sugar (I used light brown sugar and I know that dark brown would work too)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk and 2 tbsp. butter, stirring frequently.
3. Add remaining butter and cook until combined.
4. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Stir in brown sugar.
5. Add beaten eggs, one at a time.
6. Stir in flour, vanilla, and salt.
7. Pour into greased, 9x13 glass pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Do NOT overbake.
8. Allow brownies to cool and cut into squares.