This recipe is great over buttermilk mashed potatoes.
Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 4)
265 calories - 8 g. fat - 25.5 g. protein - 20.4 g. carbohydrates - 1.5 g. fiber
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 1 lb. boneless top round steak, trimmed
- 4.5 oz. can Italian petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 c. light beer
- 2 tbsp. molasses
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Brown steak in a skillet over medium-high heat, approximately 3 minutes per side. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Layer onion in the bottom of a 3-4 qt. slow cooker. Add steak atop onions. Pour tomatoes and beer over steak.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or until steak is very tender.
4. Shred steak with two forks in the slow cooker. Stir in molasses and a pinch of salt.
5. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.