Wednesday, September 8, 2010

BBQ Pork Chops with Lemon

My siblings and I used to fight over the pork chops with the most lemon slices when I was a kid. My husband thinks we are really weird. These are easy to put together when you are short on time for dinner.

BBQ Pork Chops with Lemon

Recipe Notes

My mom says that she always cooked these at 300 degrees for two hours. The actual recipe calls for 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Since I don't typically have that much time between work and babies, I use the higher temp, lower cooking time option. This recipe is from the Southern Living Meats Cookbook (1975).

Ingredients

  • 6 pork chops, cut 1 in. thick
  • Salt & pepper to taste
  • 6 lemon slices
  • 1/2 c. ketchup
  • 1/2 c. water
  • 2 tbsp. brown sugar

Instructions

1. Brown the pork chops in a skillet and season with salt and pepper.

2. In a glass, oven-safe dish, place lemon slices on top of each pork chop.

3. Combine ketchup, water, and brown sugar in a bowl (whisk until brown sugar has dissolved).

4. Pour sauce over pork chops and cover tightly.

5. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment