BBQ Pork Chops with Lemon
My mom says that she always cooked these at 300 degrees for two hours. The actual recipe calls for 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Since I don't typically have that much time between work and babies, I use the higher temp, lower cooking time option. This recipe is from the Southern Living Meats Cookbook (1975).
- 6 pork chops, cut 1 in. thick
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 6 lemon slices
- 1/2 c. ketchup
- 1/2 c. water
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
1. Brown the pork chops in a skillet and season with salt and pepper.
2. In a glass, oven-safe dish, place lemon slices on top of each pork chop.
3. Combine ketchup, water, and brown sugar in a bowl (whisk until brown sugar has dissolved).
4. Pour sauce over pork chops and cover tightly.
5. Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.