OVEN-FRIED CHICKEN TENDERS
I like to use the Kellogg's corn flake crumbs in a box (instead of crushing corn flakes myself). The pre-boxed crumbs are almost pulverized so they coat the chicken nicely.
- 1-1/2 lb. chicken tenders
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 1 tsp. Tabasco sauce (I used Cholula)
- 1-3/4 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 c. cornflake crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
1. Combine buttermilk, Tabasco, 3/4 tsp. salt, and pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag.
2. Add chicken tenders, seal, and refrigerate overnight or let sit for at least one hour at room temperature.
3. Mix cornflake crumbs, cayenne pepper, 1 tsp. salt, and olive oil with fingertips until olive oil is evenly distributed.
4. Dredge chicken fingers in coating and arrange on a rimmed baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.