Here is another take on crusted chicken - this time with corn flakes and bottled honey mustard sauce. I never thought that honey mustard, dill, and green onions would go well together, but I loved this recipe and so (surprisingly) did Corey. This is a Weight Watchers recipe and the Points Plus value is 10.
CRUSTED HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN
I made extra cornflake crumbs to make it easier to bread the chicken. To make the cornflake crumbs, I just took plain cornflakes and pulsed them in my Cuisinart.
- 2/3 c. light honey mustard dressing (I used Newman's Own)
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1 medium uncooked green onion, finely sliced
- 1 c. cornflake crumbs
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 oz. each)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a shallow pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine honey mustard dressing, salt, pepper, dill, and scallions. Remove 1/3 c. honey mustard mixture (approx. half) and set aside for serving.
3. Place cornflake crumbs on a plate.
4. Dip chicken first in dressing mixture and then in cornflake crumbs. Coat chicken breasts thoroughly with cornflakes. Place chicken in the prepared pan.
5. Bake until chicken is golden and cooked through, or approximately 13-15 minutes.
6. Serve with remaining honey mustard mixture.