I have been using Corey as a guinea pig for lots of Pinterest recipes lately. This recipe for Mexican corn salad looked good and relatively healthy (I made some modifications to the original to skinny it up). I ran this through the Weight Watchers Points Plus tracker, and I come up with a value of 3 Points+ based on six servings.
The author of the original recipe (the blogger behind Closet Cooking) also posted a version with avocado, which looks yummy but will add to the Points if you are following Weight Watchers.
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 4 ears of fresh corn, cut from the cob
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded and finely diced
- 2 tbsp. light mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 handful of cilantro, chopped
- Juice of one lime
- 2 tbsp. feta cheese (crumbled)
- Chili powder to taste
1. Melt butter in a heavy skillet over medium high.
2. Add corn, toss to coat, and then let it sit cooking until charred (5-ish minutes). Mix it up and char it again.
3. Add jalapeno and garlic, saute for one minute. Remove from heat.
4. Mix the balance of the ingredients in and gently toss.
5. Serve warm or at room temperature.