Another Pinterest find. I printed off a bunch of meal ideas I had pinned a couple of weeks ago and this flurry of posts is the combination of the best ones. Corey loved these. They are a bit flimsy to serve as appetizers, but a few of them with a salad and a Mexican-style side dish makes for a nice dinner.
MINI MEXICAN PIZZAS
The original recipe calls for lean ground turkey. I used extra lean (95%) ground beef. Serve these with low fat sour cream, salsa, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, and/or sliced black olives if you'd like.
Nutritional Information (approximate, per pizza) - makes 12
80 calories - 3 g. fat - 8 g. carbohydrates - 4 g. fiber - 8 g. protein
- Flour tortillas (enough to cut out 12 small circles from each tortilla)
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef, cooked
- 1/2 c. salsa (I used Pace mild)
- 1 tbsp. dry taco seasoning
- 1/2 c. fat free refried beans
- 1/2 c. lowfat shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 12-count standard size muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Use a wide-bottomed empty can, glass cup, or cookie cutter to cut 2-3 medium circles out of each tortilla.
3. Press each wrap circle into the muffin tin using your fingers. It does not have to fill the muffin cup, just fit snugly.
4. Mix cooked ground beef, salsa, taco seasoning, and refried beans. Stir until well-combined.
5. Spoon approx. 2 tbsp. of the meat mixture into each tortilla. Top with shredded cheese.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted (in my oven, it actually only took 10 minutes).