I also found these Crock Pot chicken tacos on Pinterest and thought they looked healthy and flavorful. They were very easy to assemble and I was able to leave everything in the morning and had dinner almost finished when I got home that afternoon!
The original recipe calls for cooking the recipe on high for four hours. I made the chicken breasts on low for eight hours (as directed here) and they came out great. We served these with both corn and flour tortillas. The flour tortillas probably had the best flavor, but the corn tortillas were a bit more healthy.
- Four boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 c. salsa (I used Pace mild)
- 1 can Healthy Request 99% fat free cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- Flour or corn tortillas for serving
1. Place chicken breasts in the bottom of your Crock Pot. Sprinkle with taco seasoning mix.
2. Combine salsa and cream of chicken soup in a small bowl. Pour over chicken breasts.
3. Cook on low for 8 hours. Chicken breasts should be fork-tender and easy to shred.
4. Shred chicken breasts and stir in sour cream.
5. Serve with tortillas.