This is a very simple recipe for fresh tomatoes to enjoy while the tomatoes are still good here at the end of the summer!
- Beefsteak tomatoes, sliced
- Feta cheese (from the deli, such as Murray's Cheese, preferred)
- Kalamata olives, sliced or chopped
- Fresh basil, cut in a chiffonnade
- Fresh oregano, chopped
- Olive oil (use sparingly)
- Good-quality salt and fresh-ground black pepper
1. Arrange tomatoes on a plate.
2. Sprinkle with feta, olives, basil, oregano, and salt and pepper. Drizzle sparingly with olive oil.
3. Chill for 20-30 minutes and serve.