- One white onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 tbsp. butter, margarine, or light butter
- Shredded Mexican cheese blend (2 c. per 12 enchiladas is more than enough)
- Small corn tortillas (such as Mission)
- Red enchilada sauce
- Coarse salt & pepper to taste
1. Combine chopped onion and butter in a heavy skillet over medium/high heat. Saute until butter is melted and onions are soft, approximately 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper.
2. Make enchiladas: place corn tortillas on a work surface and sprinkle approximately 1 tbsp. onion mixture and approximately 1-2 tbsp. shredded Mexican cheese blend in the center of each tortilla.
3. Roll and place each tortilla, seam-side down, in a greased casserole dish.
4. When all tortillas are assembled, pour enchilada sauce over the tortillas. Sprinkle additional shredded cheese over the top.
5. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees or until the enchiladas are heated through and the cheese on top is bubbly.