The cooking times were very different for this recipe in my oven (much shorter), so I would watch both the crust and the pizza carefully while it cooks. I don't like mushrooms so I left them out and added more zucchini. I think that green bell peppers would be great to mix in as well.
Nutritional Information (Per serving - 6 servings)
434 calories - 12.8 g. fat - 24.6 g. protein - 3.9 g. fiber
- 2 c. chopped zucchini
- 1/4 c. chopped onion
- 8 oz. package mushrooms, sliced (I substituted additional zucchini)
- 1/4 c. white wine
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 2 c. fat free pasta sauce (I used Ragu Light Pasta Sauce with Tomato & Basil)
- 8 oz. hot Italian turkey sausage (I used Jenni-O's)
- 1 recipe Pizza Dough
- 1-1/2 c. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
2. Saute 7 minutes or until lightly browned and soft.
3. Add wine and pepper, cooking 1 minute or until liquid almost evaporates.
4. Stir in pasta sauce. Remove from heat and cool.
6. Drain and add to sauce.
7. Prepare one recipe of pizza dough. Turn dough into a 13x9 inch baking pan greased with cooking spray. Gently press dough into pan and up the sides of the pan. Lightly spray the surface of the dough with cooking spray as well.
8. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand for 5 minutes. Remove plastic wrap and discard.
9. Spoon sauce mixture into crust. Bake on the bottom rack at 475 degrees for 20 minutes or until crust is browned. Remove from the oven.
10. Sprinkle both cheeses evenly over the top of the sauce. Bake on the middle rack for an additional 15 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese melts. (Watch in your oven - mine didn't take this long!)
11. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. Cut into six squares and serve.