- 1 three-inch piece of ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 1-1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2 inch chunks
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar (I used rice wine vinegar)
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 c. sliced scallions
1. Soak ginger in cold water for 10 minutes and drain.
2. Heat oil in skillet over high heat. Brown chicken in skillet in two batches, 6-8 minutes each. Set aside.
3. Using the same skillet over medium heat, cook ginger, onion, and garlic. Stir until browned, 8-10 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and stir in scallions.
7. Serve over white rice or cellophane noodles.
If desired, prepare roasted broccoli to accompany the dish:
1. Roast 1 lb. broccoli florets tossed with 2 tbsp. olive oil on a foil-lined cookie sheet for 20 minutes (425 degrees) or until browned.
2. Toss with 1 tbsp. soy sauce, the juice of 1/2 lemon, and sesame seeds, if desired.