I use one real egg in this recipe instead of 1/4 c. egg substitute. I also use a 6 oz. container of fat-free plain yogurt, because none of the grocery stores that I frequent carry plain yogurt in an 8 oz. size. I haven't noticed a difference in consistency - it still comes out moist every time. You will probably want to watch the dish during its last 10 minutes in the oven. I typically need to take mine out between 5-10 minutes before the designated cooking time has elapsed.
Nutritional Information (Per serving - serves 8)
238 calories - 9.2 g. fat - 4.9 g. protein - 1.5 g. fiber
- 1/4 c. egg substitute (I use 1 real egg)
- 1/4 c. butter, melted (1/2 stick)
- 8-3/4 oz. can whole-kernel corn
- 8-3/4 oz. can cream-style corn
- 8-1/2 oz. package corn muffin mix (I use Jiffy)
- 8 oz. carton plain, fat-free yogurt (I use one 6-oz. container)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir well.
3. Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until set.