HOT FUDGE SAUCE
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1/3 c. light corn syrup (plus additional for thinning, if needed)
- 12 oz. bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. extract (vanilla, rum, almond, orange or peppermint are some ideas)
1. Combine heavy cream and corn syrup in small saucepan. Stir to combine, and bring just to a boil over medium-high heat.
2. Remove from heat and add chocolate chips and extract. Whisk until chocolate is melted. If necessary, adjust consistency with additional corn syrup.
3. Serve over ice cream.
Suggested Extract & Ice Cream Combinations
- Vanilla fudge - vanilla, mint chocolate chip, cookies & cream, peppermint, or chocolate covered cherries ice cream
- Almond fudge - vanilla or pecan praline ice cream
- Rum fudge - vanilla, chocolate, or rum raisin ice cream
- Orange fudge - vanilla or chocolate ice cream
- Peppermint fudge - vanilla, chocolate, or peppermint ice cream