BUTTERMILK MASHED POTATOES
- 2 medium/large baking potatoes, peeled and cut into thirds
- Low fat buttermilk (1%) - can also use skim milk
- 1 tbsp. light butter (I use Land O Lakes)
- Coarse-ground pepper and sea salt
1. Boil peeled, sectioned potatoes until tender (at least 30 minutes).
2. Add buttermilk, butter, salt, and pepper. Using a hand mixer, blend until desired consistency is achieved.
3. Continue adding small amounts of buttermilk and/or salt and pepper until desired flavor is achieved.
- Small Yellow Dutch potatoes (about the size of a grape tomato) - approximately 1/2 lb.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Tony Chachere's creole seasoning
- Course salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Clean and halve Yellow Dutch potatoes.
3. Combine in a bowl with olive oil and a generous shake of creole seasoning, salt, and pepper.
4. Toss to coat and arrange on a foil-lined cookie sheet or jelly roll pan.
5. Bake in the oven for between 45 minutes to one hour or until desired degree of browning is achieved.