Corey and I tried this Everyday Food recipe with Chicken With Ginger last night, and it was really tasty and refreshing. Definitely a different salad for if you want to have an Asian-inspired dinner. It makes four really generous servings for just over 100 calories per serving.
ASIAN CABBAGE SLAW
I used preshredded cabbage/cole slaw mix to save some time and effort, and it worked just fine.
Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 4)
116 calories - 3.6 g. fat - 2.9 g. protein - 5.8 g. fiber
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. sugar
- Coarse salt to taste
- 1/2 small head shredded savoy or green cabbage (I substituted preshredded cole slaw mix)
- 1 c. fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 4 scallions, cut into matchsticks
- 1 carrot, grated (included in my cole slaw mix)
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno, minced
1. Make dressing: In a large bowl, combine lime juice, rice wine vinegar, oil, sugar, and salt. Whisk until well combined.
2. Add cabbage, cilantro, scallions, carrot, and jalapeno.
3. Toss until well combined and serve.