These can be served alone or with vanilla ice cream. We put ours on the grill while we were waiting for it to heat up for the chicken that we were grilling. I separated them into two separate foil packets to make them easier to handle. 15 minutes on the grill and they were perfect, and I just left them in the foil packet in a pie pan until it was time for dessert!
- Eight freestone peaches, peeled and quartered
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 tbsp. packed light-brown sugar
- 2 tsp. water
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract (not the imitation stuff!)
- 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. coarse salt
- Vanilla ice cream (optional, for serving)
1. Add peeled, quartered peaches to the lemon juice and vegetable oil. Toss to coat.
2. Stir together light-brown sugar, water, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Toss to coat with peaches.
3. Ladle peaches and sauce onto one or two large foil packets. Fold foil to form a packet, crimping edges to seal.
4. Grill, covered, for 15 minutes.
5. Serve peaches with vanilla ice cream (Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla is wonderful with these!) if desired.