MASHED POTATO GRATIN
You can substitute russett potatoes for the Yukon gold potatoes, but the Yukon gold potatoes lend extra buttery flavor to the spuds!
Nutritional Information (Per serving - serves 14)
- 4 lb. Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 c. (4 oz.) fontina cheese, shredded and divided
- 3/4 c. (3 oz.) Gruyere cheese, shredded and divided
- 1-1/2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 c. warm 1% low-fat milk
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place potatoes in a large Dutch oven or stockpot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30-45 minutes until tender; drain.
3. Return potatoes to pan. Add 3/4 c. fontina cheese and 1/2 c. Gruyere cheese. Add butter, salt, and pepper.
4. Mash with a fork or hand mixer until well-combined.
5. Add warm milk to the pan and continue mashing until desired consistency.
6. Turn into a greased, 13x9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining cheeses.
7. Cover with aluminum foil lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
8. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and discard foil.
9. Preheat broiler to HIGH. Broil gratin for 5 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbly.