GOAT CHEESE & SUN DRIED TOMATO BREAD BITES
I would recommend planning on the shorter cooking time if you have a hot oven like mine. These only took about 13-14 minutes.
Nutritional Information (per appetizer - makes 24)
60 calories - 2 g. fat - 2 g. protein - 0 g. fiber
- 11 oz. can Pillsbury refrigerated breadsticks
- 4 oz. goat cheese (plain or with basil and garlic), softened
- 1/2 c. oil-packed sun dried tomatoes, drained and minced (I used bottled minced tomatoes)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. water
- Coarse salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray or cover with foil. Unroll dough and separate into breadsticks, then divide each breadstick in half. Press each breadstick until 1-1/2 inches wide.
3. Place 1 rounded tsp. goat cheese in the center of a breadstick. Top with 1 tsp. tomatoes. Roll up jelly-roll fashion and place seam-side down on the cookie sheet. Repeat for each breadstick.
4. In a small bowl, combine egg and water well to make an egg wash.
5. Lightly brush egg wash over the top of each appetizer. Sprinkle each with salt.
6. Bake at 375 for 12-17 minutes or until tops are light golden brown. Best served warm.