PASTA WITH ROASTED VEGETABLES & ARUGULA
My oven didn't take nearly as long to roast the vegetables as the recipe called for - be sure to watch your veggies in the last 10 minutes of cooking.
Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 4)
350 calories - 9.5 g. fat - 10.7 g. protein - 5.2 g. fiber
- 2 pints grape or cherry tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 shallots, cut into eighths
- 2 tbsp. fresh or dried thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. rigatoni pasta (1/2 lb. or about 1/2 a typical box)
- 1/3 c. pitted olives, coarsely chopped
- 3 c. baby arugula or spinach
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Place tomatoes, garlic, shallots, and thyme on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. Toss with oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Roast until tomatoes burst, shallots are browned, and garlic is soft (approximately 20-25 minutes, or less if you have a hot oven like mine).
4. Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook rigatoni according to package directions. Reserve 1/4 c. pasta water. Drain pasta and return to pot.
5. Mash roasted garlic with the flat side of a chef's knife. Add garlic and roasted vegetables to the pasta pot, along with olives and pasta water.
6. Cook over medium-high heat until sauce begins to thicken, approximately 3 minutes.
7. Let cool slightly and then toss with arugula until wilted.