Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Orzo with Herbs

I got this recipe from a recent Martha Stewart Everyday Food. It is a nice way to give a little kick to a pasta side. I served this with Lemon Chicken with Capers, which I will hopefully post tomorrow.

ORZO WITH HERBS

Recipe Notes

You can use any combination of fresh herbs. I used dill (because I LOVE fresh dill, especially with lemon) and basil.

Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 4 side dish servings)

169 calories - 0.7 g. fat - 6.4 g. protein - 1.6 g. fiber

Ingredients

  • 1 c. uncooked orzo
  • 3 tbsp. fresh chopped herbs
  • Juice of one small lemon or 1/2 large lemon
  • Salt & pepper to taste

Instructions

1. Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain and return to pan.

2. Stir in lemon juice, herbs, and salt and pepper. Serve with chicken or fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment