GREENS WITH CHAMPAGNE VINAIGRETTE
The tarragon, chives, and chevril are optional. I recommend including the tarragon and chives, but I leave the chevril out. For the dressing, instead of whisking everything together, I just combine all of the ingredients in a jar and shake - it emulsifies the dressing quite well.
- 2-1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 c. champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 c. extra-virgin olive oil (I use only 1/2 c.)
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 head Boston or Bibb lettuce, torn
- 1/3 c. fresh dill, chopped
- 3/4 c. fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1-1/2 tbsp. fresh tarragon leaves, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 c. fresh chives, snipped (optional)
- 1/4 c. fresh whole chevril leaves (optional)
1. In a bowl or jar, combine mustard, vinegar, honey, and 1-1/2 tbsp. water. If combining in a bowl, whisk thoroughly and slowly add oil. If combining in a jar, just add oil. Add chopped shallot and set dressing aside.
2. Combine all other ingredients in a large salad bowl.
3. Toss with dressing or serve dressing on the side. Whisk or shake dressing before serving.