FIESTA SHRIMP PACKETS
This recipe serves six. It is very easy to cut this recipe in half (which I do routinely to serve 3).
Nutritional Information (serves 6 - per serving, including rice)
391 calories - 8.3 g. fat - 37.6 g. protein - 2.9 g. fiber
- 2 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails off
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. Creole seasoning
- 1/2 c. preshredded Mexican blend or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. drained, canned Mexicorn (such as Green Giant)
- One 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 c. hot cooked white rice
1. Prepare rice according to package directions. (I use my rice cooker.)
2. Arrange shrimp equally in the center of six large pieces of foil. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with 1/2 of the Creole seasoning.
3. Top the shrimp with cheese, Mexicorn, cilantro, and black beans, then sprinkle with remaining Creole seasoning.
4. Fold opposite ends of each foil packet together and crimp to seal.
5. Place foil packet on prepared grill and cook 15 minutes until shrimp are done. Alternately, bake in a 375 degree oven for approximately 20 minutes or until shrimp are done.
6. Serve over hot cooked rice with hot sauce or soy sauce.