This is a good use of fresh summer vegetables. If you can still get good tomatoes, this would be a lovely transitional salad to have with grilled chicken or steaks this month.
For the champagne vinaigrette, I like Girard's light champagne vinaigrette.
- Large tomatoes (preferably heirloom), sliced
- Grape tomatoes (preferably mixed colors), sliced in half
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced into strips
- Champagne vinaigrette (store bought or homemade)
- Chopped tarragon
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Arrange large tomato slices on a plate, followed by the avocado slices.
2. Scatter grape tomatoes and red onion slices over plate and sprinkle with tarragon, salt, and pepper.
3. Drizzle with champagne vinaigrette and serve.