SEARED SCALLOPS WITH FARMER'S MARKET SALAD
I used frozen corn instead of fresh and it was still delicious. If you want to use frozen corn, just microwave per package directions prior to adding to the skillet.
Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 4)
251 calories - 5.7 g. fat - 31.6 g. protein - 19.4 g. carbohydrate - 3.3 g. fiber
- 2 c. chopped tomato
- 1 c. chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 1-1/2 lb. sea scallops (Cooking Light suggests dry-packed for better browning)
- 2 c. fresh corn kernels
1. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add canola oil, stirring to coat.
2. Pat scallops dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add scallops to pan and cook approximately 2 minutes per side until browned.
3. Remove scallops from pan and keep warm.
4. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add corn to pan. Saute for 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
5. Add tomatoes, basil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to corn. Toss gently.
6. Serve scallops over corn and tomato salad.