SQUASH RIBBONS WITH RED ONION & PARMESAN
This is an easy, healthy summer side that can be whipped up in the skillet with very little effort.
You can either use just the four yellow squash indicated below, or you can do half and half yellow squash and zucchini squash as I did above.
Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 4)
84 calories - 3.4 g. fat - 10.4 g. carbohydrates - 3.8 g. fiber - 4.5 g. protein
- 4 medium yellow squash, shaved with a vegetable peeler (seeds and core discarded)
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 c. thinly-sliced red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. shaved fresh Parmesan cheese
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
2. Add squash, onion, and garlic. Cook 4 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Remove squash from heat and add salt, red pepper, and black pepper. Toss gently to combine.
4. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.