My husband liked this salsa over chicken so much, he told me the dinner was one of his "Top 2 Favorite Dinners Ever". Serve this over chicken or fish or as a taco topping. Because it is mostly fruits and vegetables, one serving has less than 100 calories and lots of "good" fats. Thanks Martha Stewart Food for this great recipe.
MANGO & AVOCADO SALSA
Make this immediately before serving so that the avocado doesn't start to turn brown. Also, I think that one of the keys to the red onion is the fine dice - mince as small as possible.
Nutritional Information (per 1/2 c. serving - serves 6)
91 calories - 6.9 g. fat - 8.2 g. carbs - 0.9 g. protein - 2.7 g. fiber
- 1 avocado (halved, peeled, pitted, and diced medium to small)
- 1 ripe mango (peeled, pitted, and diced medium to small)
- 1 small red onion, diced fine
- 1/4 c. finely-chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice (approx. 2 small limes or 1 medium lime)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients.
2. Serve immediately.