HERBED COUS COUS PILAF
The more herbs you add to this recipe, the better! This Cooking Light recipe takes less than 15 minutes to prepare. As mentioned above, the Mediterranean version, which adds grape tomatoes, dill, and feta, is terrific.
205 calories - 3.7 g. fat - 6.5 g. protein - 2.6 g. fiber
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 c. finely-chopped shallots
- 1 c. uncooked cous cous
- 1 c. fat free chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
1. Heat a small saucepan over medium high heat. Add oil, swirling to coat.
2. Add shallots and saute until soft (approximately 2 minutes).
3. Stir in cous cous and saute 1 minute.
4. Add chicken broth and salt, bring to a boil. Cover, remove from heat, and let stand five minutes.
5. Fluff with a fork. Stir in parsley and thyme.