ROSEMARY MASHED SWEET POTATOES
Creamy mashed potatoes without butter or cream! I actually used less oil than the recipe calls for (did not drizzle any over the top).
202 calories - 6.3 g. fat - 2.9 g. protein - 34.9 g. carbs - 4.8 g. fiber
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil (I skipped the 2 tsp part)
- 3/4 c. thinly-sliced shallots
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tbsp fresh, chopped rosemary
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
1. Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a skillet over low heat. Add shallots and cook for 5 minutes (stirring occasionally).
2. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cook for 20 minutes more or until shallots are golden and caramelized.
3. Boil potatoes and cook for 8 minutes or until tender. Drain.
4. Place potatoes in a large bowl and beat with a mixer until smooth. Stir in rosemary, salt, and pepper and beat until well-blended.
5. Top with shallots and drizzle with remaining two tsp. oil, if desired.