I found this recipe on Pinterest and I have adapted it from an original recipe found on Amateur Gourmet's blog. While this is not the best shrimp recipe I've ever had, it was generally "one pot" and very easy, so I would recommend it and plan to make it again.
ROASTED SHRIMP & BROCCOLI
Adapted from The Amateur Gourmet. Original recipe calls for tail-on shrimp. I like peeled and deveined shrimp with the tails already removed. I also used considerably less olive oil in this version than the original recipe specifies.
- 2 lbs. broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/8 tsp. chili powder
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined shrimp
- Lemon zest from one lemon
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Combine broccoli florets, 1 tbsp. olive oil, coriander, cumin, salt, pepper, and chili powder in a large bowl.
3. Spread over a greased cookie sheet or jelly roll pan covered in aluminum foil.
4. Roast for 10 minutes.
5. While broccoli is cooking, combine shrimp, lemon zest, 1 tbsp. olive oil, and additional salt and pepper in the bowl just used for broccoli.
6. When the broccoli has been in the oven for 10 minutes, remove the jelly roll pan from the oven and carefully mix in shrimp.
7. Return to the oven for 10 more minutes. Toss shrimp and broccoli once after 5 minutes of cooking. Shrimp should be cooked through and broccoli should be tender and golden when the dish is ready.
8. Serve over rice with a squeeze of lemon juice and perhaps a small amount of soy sauce.