This recipe is a great use for leftover grilled chicken. Slice it thin along the grain. Very light, very healthy weeknight meal that takes very little time. Weight Watchers Points Plus on this meal is 6 PP+.
ORANGE & ARUGULA SALAD WITH CHICKEN
The original recipe called for watercress, but I like an herb mix salad blend with a little arugula for this meal.
Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 4)
214 calories - 9 g. fat - 13 g. carbs - 2 g. fiber - 21 g. protein
- 2 grilled skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. water
- Dash of salt
- 4 c. torn mixed lettuces or watercress (I prefer herb mix salad blend)
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled, seeded, and sliced crosswise
- 1 tbsp. toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 1/4 c. crumbled feta cheese
1. Toast hazelnuts in a 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Place hazelnuts in a kitchen towel or paper towel and rub until brown paper skins come off.
2. Whisk together chives, olive oil, honey, lemon juice, water, and salt.
3. Add dressing to salad greens and toss to coat.
4. Divide salad among four plates.
5. Arrange chicken and oranges on plate.
6. Sprinkle with feta cheese and hazelnuts. Sprinkle with ground black pepper, if desired. Serve and enjoy!