This is a great, simple Cooking Light side dish.
ASPARAGUS WITH LEMON & PECORINO
I used shaved Parmesan because I couldn't find pecorino Romano that day. I recommend a Microplane grater for your lemon rind.
Nutritional Information (per serving - serves 4)
53 calories - 3.1 g. fat
- 1 lb. thin asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. grated lemon rind
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 oz. shaved pecorino Romano cheese
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook for 2-3 minutes or until crisp/tender.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to the pan and swirl to coat.
3. Add asparagus and cook 1-2 minutes.
4. Sprinkle asparagus evenly with lemon rind, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.