GNOCCHI WITH SHRIMP, ASPARAGUS, AND PESTO
Nutritional Information (Per serving - serves 4)
355 calories - 9.3 g. fat - 26.5 g. protein - 3 g. fiber
- One 16-oz package vacuum-packed gnocchi
- 4 c. sliced asparagus (approx. 1 lb.)
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined large shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 2 tbsp. pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tbsp. preshredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. bottled minced garlic
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
1. Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven. Add gnocchi to pan and cook for 4 minutes, or until gnocchi are done. You will be able to tell if they are done because they will rise to the surface of the water.
2. Remove gnocchi with a slotted spoon and place in a large bowl. Do not drain pasta water.
3. Add asparagus and shrimp to pan. Boil five minutes or until shrimp are done.
4. Drain, add shrimp mixture to gnocchi.
5. Make pesto: Combine 1 tbsp. water and remaining ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides.
6. Add pesto to shrimp, asparagus, and gnocchi. Toss well to coat. Serve immediately.