- 2-1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 3/4 c. packed brown sugar (I used light brown)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 4 c. (two 12-oz. packages) chocolate chips, half milk chocolate and half semi sweet, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Beat butter, both sugars and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Gradually add flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. You may also stir in one cup of chopped nuts here, if desired. I hate nuts in my baked goods so I always decline to include nuts.
4. Line a jelly roll pan or cookie sheet with parchment paper. Using two spoons, drop by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheet.
5. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. I like to pull mine out when they are just slightly brown around the edges, as they usually cook a little more between the time that I pull them out of the oven and the time that I actually get them off the cookie sheet. Cool on a wire rack completely before serving.