Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies


Sometimes, I just need to bake. Period. The urge doesn't come often, but when it does, it is palpable. As a result, my coworkers and Corey's coworkers were the lucky recipients of a batch of chocolate chip cookies this week. I had a large bag of chocolate chips to burn, hence the inspiration for my baking bonanza.



Recipe Notes
I must admit - the original is best (the Nestle Toll House Recipe, that is). However, I've made two modifications that I think are quite tasty: I double the chocolate chips (and include half milk chocolate chips and half semi sweet chips on occasion) and double the vanilla. Enjoy!

Ingredients
  • 2-1/4 c. all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 c. (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 3/4 c. granulated sugar
  • 3/4 c. packed brown sugar (I used light brown)
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 4 c. (two 12-oz. packages) chocolate chips, half milk chocolate and half semi sweet, if desired

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. Beat butter, both sugars and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.

3. Gradually add flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. You may also stir in one cup of chopped nuts here, if desired. I hate nuts in my baked goods so I always decline to include nuts.

4. Line a jelly roll pan or cookie sheet with parchment paper. Using two spoons, drop by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheet.

5. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. I like to pull mine out when they are just slightly brown around the edges, as they usually cook a little more between the time that I pull them out of the oven and the time that I actually get them off the cookie sheet. Cool on a wire rack completely before serving.




No comments:

Post a Comment