Serve with roasted potatoes, a green vegetable, and a salad. Progresso Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs are good to have on hand for this recipe. The flat-leaf parsley called for in this recipe is called Italian parsley in many grocery stores.
When it comes to incorporating all of the ingredients, I get down and dirty and mix it all together with my hands. It's definitely the best way to get everything well blended!
Nutritional Information (per serving - makes 6 servings)
263 calories - 12.1 g. fat - 27.8 g. protein - 1.4 g. fiber
- 1-1/2 lb. 92% lean ground beef
- 1 c. fat free tomato basil pasta sauce (such as Light Ragu), divided into two 1/2 c. servings
- 1/2 c. Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 c. preshredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c. finely chopped onion
- 1/3 c. chopped, fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 large egg whites
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine 1/2 c. pasta sauce (reserving 1/2 c.) with remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Shape meat mixture into a loaf on a broiler pan or jelly roll pan lined with aluminum foil.
4. Spread remaining 1/2 c. pasta sauce on top of the meatloaf.
5. Bake for one hour and 10 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes prior to serving. Cut into twelve slices and serve two slices per person.