SHRIMP FRIED RICE
Nutritional Information (per serving - makes six 1-1/2 c. servings)
392 calories - 6.7 g. fat - 19.3 g. protein - 3.2 g. fiber
- Three 3.5 oz. bags boil-in-bag white rice
- 10 oz. package frozen green peas
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 c. chopped green onions
- 1 tbsp. bottled fresh ginger
- 12 oz. (3/4 lb.) medium peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. dark sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Dash of crushed red pepper
1. Cook rice according to package directions. Remove rice from bags and return to saucepan. Add peas to the pan, stirring well. Cover and keep warm.
2. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray and add eggs. Cook for one minute or until set and scrambled. Remove eggs from pan and coarsely chop.
3. Return pan to heat and add canola oil. Add green onions and ginger and saute for one minute. Add shrimp to pan and saute 2 minutes or until shrimp are done.
4. Add shrimp mixture and eggs to rice mixture. Stir well.
5. Add rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, and crushed red pepper. Toss well to combine and serve immediately.