Nutritional Information (per serving - adapted to serve 4)
255 calories - 11.4 g. fat - 5.1 g. protein - 3.3 g. fiber Ingredients
- Four small russett potatoes
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 c. sour cream (I used light sour cream)
- 1-1/2 tbsp. butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Snipped chives, approximately 2-3 tbsp.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Rub potatoes with vegetable oil and place on a foil-lined baking sheet or jelly roll pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork or paring knife.
3. Cut a small section off of the top of each potato, once they have had a chance to cool slightly. Hollow out potato contents into a medium bowl, leaving approximately 1/2 inch border around the potatoes.
4. Combine with butter, sour cream, salt, pepper, and chives. Mash potatoes until well-combined.
5. Spoon mashed potato mixture into the potato skins. Return to oven and bake an additional 20 minutes or until slightly browned on top.
6. Top with additional chives, if desired.
7. Serve with steak, pork, or chicken dishes.